18 April 2011

"the list"

It's been a really long time since I've posted an entry on here. Gone are the days of Kiwibox where I posted every day and freaked out if there was no entry. I figured out tiny little things to put up on there, even if it was just a few words. I miss that...but there's just not enough time in a day anymore.

The list came out for cuts for the upcoming school year. NYS is going through a major budget crisis, and our "lovely" governor has decided "hey...let's take money away from kids and give it to rich people instead!" Great idea, huh? So even the district I'm teaching in now, which has been known as one of the "safer" districts to be employed by, is going through massive cuts. Needless to say though, by the grace of God, I'm somehow safe. I seriously think Bob, my department chair, and the principal pulled every bit of weight they had to keep me. Bob's going to be teaching IB classes in 2012-2013, and he'll need someone to teach the AP biology classes...my Masters Degree in Gifted Education definitely helps for that. Plus, Joe is going to be retiring around then too, and they know that I'm interested in continuing the Anatomy and Physiology classes if given the opportunity. So yeah...I'm safe with a job for next year. Whew! I really do love it there...feel like I've gone full circle to be back teaching in the school I went to. I hope, like the principal said, this is the place I'll stay at.

No comments:

Post a Comment