02 December 2012

What Would You Do For Love?

Anna Karenina, the newest Focus Features Film (love those movies!), just came out to a few smaller theaters here in Buffalo. I've been dying to see it since I saw that it was coming out, mostly because Matthew Macfadyen was in it (ahhh), but also because Joe Wright is an amazing director with amazing visions for his films. I mean...all of Pride and Prejudice (though especially the ball scene with its twists and turns) and most of Atonement. I just don't know what he has with wanting to kill horses, but anyway...This one didn't lack in the amazing department, as it was a visual spectacle that made me dizzy and confused (though those are the feelings "desired" with the storyline.) It also doesn't help matters that I can watch an entire movie about cheating and lying and scandal, and take away at the end "wow, I want every single dress and all of the jewelry too!" (Especially the necklace shown below...I would kill for that necklace!)


So the main plot is that Anna at first fights, but then gives in, to an affair with Vronsky. There are other stories in there...Stiva and Dolly (he loves the ladies, she loves their kids and forgives him for his infidelities) and Levin and Kitty (the true love story in the whole thing...the one that I want, along with the necklace. Hear that Santa?!) The end is predictable, even for someone who hasn't read the book, but it is no less emotionally jaw dropping.

Big question...What would you do for love? Would you die for it? I personally don't know...maybe? Only time will tell I guess...

P.S. to Santa...see my Facebook for the other major Christmas present I want. Kellan Lutz! We've talked about this before...him attached to the love story and necklace would be absolutely perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment