02 February 2013

Six Question Saturdays: Mish Mash

So a couple updates before I go ahead and answer the questions for today.

First off...I broke past the barrier on the scale today for the first time in about four years. Yes folks, I weigh less today than I have in four years! Big woot! There's more where that came from!

Second...I went to the knee doctor on Thursday. He's worried that I tore my medial patellofemoral ligament, what helps keep your kneecap in place. They did a MRI, but weren't sure how well it would work since I have two or three screws in that knee from the first surgery, and metal can mess up MRI images. But, he told me that he would call the next day if I needed to wear a huge brace, and he didn't call yesterday, so is that good? I'm still worried though, because it's hurting more now than it has in a while...almost constantly. He said we can't consider any form of replacement (partial or total) for at least another ten years, and the only other surgery would involve basically tying down my kneecap which would greatly limit mobility. Umm...no thank you! So, I'm supposed to live like this with it going out about three times a day on average? That doesn't sound good to me either. I'm not allowed to go to the gym for two weeks, and I'm not allowed to do too many stairs...basement is okay, but I need to take the elevator to go to the bathroom at work. Pathetic! Ugh! I have another appointment bright and early on Wednesday, so we shall see what comes of it. In the meantime, ice and Tylenol.

Third...Gonna have a blind date at some point in the next couple days. Yeah, I know, I know, we shall see here too how it goes. Don't want to say anything else, otherwise I might jinx it.

Question time, question time!

1. What's the #1 most played song on your iPod?

I don't know for my iPod, but on my laptop it's "A Thousand Years."

2. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?

Sarah Silverman. It's happened quite a few times...

3. When you have 30 minutes of free time, what do you do?

Usually read...there's always a book around me somewhere...

4. What's the weather like where you are?

Snow...we've gotten about five inches since early this morning. Usually the lake effect hits the southtowns, but this time the wind is coming from the southwest instead of the northwest, so the northtowns (myself included) are getting it. Fun fun!

5. Did the groundhog see his shadow?

No he didn't, so hopefully spring is coming sooner rather than later!

6. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?

I would love to learn how to speak a ton of different languages. Learning languages was never my forte...and it only gets worse as you get older. I can speak a few words of Irish, and I took German and Latin in school, but I'd love to learn more. Welsh especially...don't know why, but yeah.



I'm not bothering with a menu plan this week. Mom and I were sick for quite a bit of the week, so we didn't eat or make the majority of what was listed for the week. Tomorrow night I know we're having pizza (Chebe!) and chicken wing dip...

No comments:

Post a Comment