It's exhausting really…
Getting to know someone new. Opening up to them. Finding the questions to ask. Worrying about asking them wrong. Worrying about answering them wrong…not so much that it's not your true answer, but that you won't be able to express yourself clearly enough so that your answer matches that which is in your head.
This goes for making new friends. Talking to the new guy that you just met. Co-workers. Anyone really.
I'm so jealous of people who find it so effortless, or who even enjoy it. Because it seems the older I get, the more stressful it is for me...
I am always afraid of saying the wrong thing....I am so afraid that I will look bad its horrible how afraid of this I am....hang in there. And I agree the older we get the harder it is to make those friends we all need so much.
ReplyDelete