31 December 2011

Resolutions: Past and Future

As I sit here on my comfy chair in my PJs with my laptop and Taurus cleaning the chair cover (because that's what he does best) on New Years Eve, let's look back and forward, shall we?

There's really little to no point in doing a year in review for this year. I still have my job, though teaching a different (better) subject. I still love my job. I'm done with the hospital. No boyfriend, but some fabulous *cough* dates. Health is doing well, celiac under control for the most part. Hopefully next year things are pretty much the same, though a boyfriend would be really great. If that happens, awesome. If not, I'm cool with waiting for the right one.

So let's get to the resolutions, shall we? How did I do this year?
No pop for the year...yeah, that was a failure. I did make it to Valentine's Day though without any...step in the right direction? I don't suppose it helps any that my friend Rob bought me (well, my request) a SodaStream that I'm absolutely in love with (almost as much as my new straight iron.)
Work out once a week at the gym...success! Yeah, I'm pretty awesome with this. Joined the BAC in February again, and have been there at least once a week, sometimes more. Thank goodness for my amazing trainer, Kim, or I probably wouldn't have managed this. Having a training session once a week kept me going. And while I've only lost about ten pounds this year, that's ten pounds that I didn't gain, and quite a few inches have disappeared thanks to new muscle. Buff, right, that's me.
Cutting down on sugar and bad fats...eh, not too bad. Obviously fast food is out, but ice cream is too tempting all the time. I have no desire for chips really any more, too salty actually. I am eating more fruits and veggies, and I've actually started eating leftovers more, which is pretty amazing.
Pay off my highest credit card bill...epic fail. The summer of no paycheck killed me, literally. I'm finally recovered now, at the end of December. 'Nough said. (Though I did learn my lesson and have been putting away money for the summer since September.)
It wasn't an original goal for the year, but I read 101 books (goal of 100) in 2011...yay!

So what are my resolutions/goals for this upcoming year...2012?
1. Keep up with the gym...maybe increase to twice a week? I'm not sure how well this will work out, especially in January with teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) students Living Environment for the month to prepare them for challenging the Regents exam...plus mom's two surgeries. But maybe in February this can start to become a reality.
2. Write down the food that enters my mouth. I did well with this during the summer and into fall, but then fell off from doing it all the time. It helps and makes me feel more in control of things, so back to it I go.
3. Read 40 books. Yes, it's a lower number this year, but at least three of the books on my to-read list are well over 1000 pages long.

Keeping it simple with just the three. Though, let's get real about this, are new year's resolutions ever really simple?

Happy New Year! May it be better than any other!

1 comment:

  1. Your doing better than I am in the resolution department, I mean I don't even have one this year. But I figured most of the time I break them anyway so why make one anyway?

    I wish you well on your quest and I know you can do it....

    ReplyDelete