Okay...I really don't understand something about guys. This is not the first time this has happened. The first time, I could take it as a fluke. This isn't even the second time. This is the third time now...all from online dating sites.
Height is something that is easy to tell right away. You can tell whether someone is shorter or taller than you. You might not be able to tell the difference between 6'5" and 6'4", but you know that they're taller than you then.
So why must guys lie about their height online? You don't say to a girl who is 5'10" that you're 5'11" many times, then set up a date, meet her, and turn out to be 5'8" on a good day. Especially when that girl told you multiple times that her one physical requirement for a guy be that he's taller than her. Is this similar to girls lying about their weight?
Do I ask for too much? Am I being too picky? Really...good hygiene and taller than me...that's all I need to see. Obviously the personality matters most, but those two requirements in the looks department are reasonable I think. Aren't they? And obviously, if you lie about your height which is something I can tell really fast, what personality do you have? What else have you lied about to me in our getting to know you before deciding on meeting up for a date?
And it makes me wonder where things are going if people are so quick and find it so easy to lie about blatant and obvious things. How can you say that you're looking for a long term relationship when you're going to lie to the girl you think might potentially participate in said relationship with you? Honesty is a big deal...and I'm just not finding it.
I'm done with online dating sites. Plenty of Fish, Match, whatever...it's too easy to lie, bend the truth, whatever you want to call it. I would rather be single than settle. After all, I've waited this long...what's a little longer if needed?
(All said and done, it was a bad blind date tonight. There was much more wrong than just the lying about the height thing. This peppy, bubbly, bouncy, smiley girl can not go on with someone who has no true beliefs system other than being an atheist, never went to a school dance or event, and reads an average of two books a year only filling the rest of his time with video games. No offense to those out there like that...but it's just not what I'm looking for.)
Ah funny, I totally get this. And I never understood this myself as I was doing the whole dating thing. I will say Andy too lied about himself. He put down that he was a non smoker, and then when we met, he admitted that he was. I should have been more pissed off at him, and I was, really hurt. For some reason I stuck with him though...he is now a nonsmoker...funny.
ReplyDeleteBut you have to figure out what works for you, what you are ok with and what you aren't. Thankfully, being 5'0 I never had an issue with the whole height thing, but if he had turned out to be 4'6 instead of 6'3, I would have been a little upset.
Don't worry you are right, there are plenty out there and you will find him. I have no doubt about that.