This is just an observation on my part...a self-analysis if you will. Something that I've noticed really has happened since I reached the big 3-0.
I just don't care what other people think of me.
I have my beliefs, my thoughts, my opinions, and I stand firm behind them. You can disagree, and I'll totally respect you for it, but I'm not going to be trampled on because I think/feel something. I've always been that way, but with the new decade came the whole not caring if you don't like it.
Before, it mattered so much what other people thought of me...their opinions almost mattered more than my own. If someone told me that they disagreed, I would think "hmm well maybe they're right and I must definitely be wrong" or "well I must be an idiot then."
Now? I will still consider their thoughts and opinion. And maybe I'll modify or change my own based on something new that they might bring to the table. But it's not in efforts to get them to accept me or like me more.
Life is too short and too precious in order to give up who you are for others. The people who accept you for who you are and what you stand for are the ones who are worth it, and anyone who won't is...well...not.
No comments:
Post a Comment