03 November 2012

Six Question Saturdays: Polls

No matter your political affiliation, no matter which candidate you love or hate (or in my case, which one you can't stand more)...get out there on Tuesday and vote for what you think is best for the country. It's the only (little bit) of say that we get in the whole political process, and while I know that sometimes that doesn't seem like a lot, if you don't take advantage of it, you don't get to complain about who wins or loses. And if anything, see it as a party for all of the phone calls, paper mailings, Facebook promotions (or bashings), and television commercials ending!

1. What terrifies you the most?

Disappointment, losing everything, and plummeting towards the ground head first


2. Favorite fall/winter drink? 

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes...duh! I also love hot chocolate...especially with that new Baileys (NA) creamer in the spice flavor.


3. Do you and your friends have the same political views?

No...(this question was originally "you and your spouse.") I don't care for Facebook at all during this time of year, because of everyone tearing apart the other candidate. I can watch all of the gajillion commercials on TV for that. But everyone is entitled his/her own opinion for it.


4. What are your thoughts on the political climate in the USA right now?

I think that parties are killing us. I would just love for a person to not stick with their party and just go with what he/she feels is right and good for the country. Not "well the president is ___ and I am the opposite, so I can't agree with what the president says."


5. What political party are you affiliated with?

I'm a registered Republican, but I don't agree with everything the party stands for. And that's where we'll stop with this question.


6. What book are you reading right now? Is it any good?

Currently reading "Touch of Frost" by Jennifer Estep. It's a YA mythical based book...pretty good. I'm a little more than halfway through it, and it's got my attention. I believe it's part of a series, and I'd probably keep going with it.

2 comments:

  1. Yep I agree I tried to stay away from FB, as you read in my own post. Its just sickening...truly. Enough said.

    I have never heard of the book, but let me know how it is. I always enjoy new things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aleisha, it was pretty good. Predictable, but aren't most YA fiction books about myths and vampires and the like? I read the second one in a day...taking a bit of a break from the series, but I'll pick up with it again in a week or so.

      Delete